Saturday, October 16, 2010

31 For 21: Day 16... Today's Buddy Walk

Well, this year's Buddy Walk is officially over!  It was a very chilly and even more windy day!  But that didn't stop over 1500 people from coming down to Hammonasset State Park in Madison to walk with us.  I don't even know how much money was raised for the Connecticut Down Syndrome Congress yet...it was too windy from where I was standing to hear the totals.  I think I might have heard something about $92,000, but I'm not really sure.

Chris' boss gave us a donation again this year and said that if we could get a picture of Sonia Baghdady, a news anchor from WTNH Channel 8, wearing one if his "Mike's Truck & Trailer Repair" t-shirts, then he would double his donation.  Well, check out the picture below! 

Chris with Master of Ceremonies, WTNH News Anchor Sonia Baghdady
Chris called his boss from the walk to tell him that we got the picture.  I then told him that I was holding onto the picture until he gave us $100 more than the amount he promised.  I emailed the picture to Sonia and told her that I was going to hold out for more money.  I received the following email back from her tonight:

"Thank you Kim! Love it!! Milk it-- Get all the cash you can from him.  Tell him to make it $300... and I'll come down to Mike's Truck and Trailer and take a pic with him!  Great meeting you today...
Sonia :)"

Wait till he hears that one!  We'll see if he'll actually agree to it, but it would be great for our team to add another donation to benefit the CDSC.  More programs and events for our members, more support and outreach to new parents...the list of things that we accomplish with our donations are endless!

Below are more pictures from our Buddy Walk today:




1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Hold out for the money! ;) It was a GREAT day. Sorry I didn't get to see you. I saw you from across the field, but never close up! LOL

    ReplyDelete