Friday, October 23, 2009

YAY! I did it!

Well, I'm finally here...my own blog. Now what? I hardly know where to start here. My husband, Chris, and I have two children--- "Our Wiggle Bugs!" Our first Wiggle Bug, Andrew, is almost 3 years old already and our second Wiggle Bug, Hailey, is almost 15 months old. You'll find by following me and my family, that I am ALL about my family. I am a MOM first. I enjoy spending time with them and doing whatever I can for them to make them happy.

I started this blog to mostly share my experiences as a mom. It is important to know that my son has Down Syndrome. Instead of 46 chromosomes, Andrew has has 47 (that's an extra 21st chromosome). I call him "Chromosomally Enhanced". It is going to take longer for him to learn things, but he will learn. It's taking longer for him to talk due to his low muscle tone, a common characteristic. But he is my son, and I love him more than anything, the same as I love my daughter.

Well, that's where we start for now. Soon, I'll get this really going and share my life as I began my journey into motherhood with the story of Andrew's birth.

Love to all!
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment